- In September, Apple announced the Watch Series 7 with a plethora of new capabilities alongside the iPhone 13.
- Fall detection, a bigger screen, and a complete keyboard will be included in the next-generation watch.
- The Series 7 is priced at $399, with preorders beginning on October 8 and the release date set for October 15.
During Apple’s autumn iPhone event, the company introduced the Apple Watch Series 7, which will be released on October 15 for $399, with preorders beginning on October 8.
The new Watch has a slew of additional functions, including the ability to detect whether the user falls while riding a bike. The Series 7 was also featured tracking the speed of a tennis ball and the distance of a golf swing in a promotional video.
Apple claims that the Series 7 will have a faster CPU and a larger display, with 20% more screen area than its predecessor, the Series 6, and 50% more than the Series 3. The screen area’s borders are also 40% thinner than on the Series 6.
The watch screen has larger buttons and a new keyboard incorporated into it, allowing the wearer to text from their wrist. QuickPath, which is powered by machine learning, predicts what the user wants to input.
According to Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman, the company was anticipated to unveil the next-generation Apple Watch on Tuesday, but without any new health sensors. Blood pressure and blood sugar monitors are among the features being saved for the Series 8, which is expected to appear in 2022.
The cost of the Apple Watch Series 7
The Apple Watch Series 7 will be priced at $399, which is the same as the Apple Watch Series 6. While Apple hasn’t revealed all of the pricing options, the $399 model is expected to be 41mm in diameter, with the $429 model starting at 45mm. Models with cellular service choices are usually $100 more expensive.
|Apple Watch model||Expected price|
|Apple Watch Series 7 (41mm)||$399|
|Apple Watch Series 7 (45mm)||$429|
|Apple Watch Series 7 GPS and cellular (41mm)||$499|
|Apple Watch Series 7 GPS and cellular (45mm)||$529|
Colors of the Apple Watch Series 7
Green, blue, red, starlight, and midnight are among the five new aluminum colors available on the Apple Watch Series 7. There are stainless steel alternatives in gold, graphite, and silver, as well as natural and space black titanium. Apple Watch Series 7 works with all existing Apple Watch bands, and brands like Nike and Hermés are releasing new band and design colors this autumn.
When will the Apple Watch Series 7 be released?
Apple did not specify the specific release date of the Apple Watch Series 7 when it was unveiled, unlike the iPhone 13 and new iPad tablets. We now know that the Apple Watch Series 7 will be available to the general public on October 15, with a preorder period beginning on October 8 at 5 a.m. PT.
According to Bloomberg’s Gurman, there have been delays in the Apple Watch production chain, which has resulted in a release date that is later than Apple’s previous flagship products.
You may also like
- What Is Thunderbolt 4? Why This New Interface Will Matter in PCs
- Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio Review
- The best streaming services you can sign up
- YouTube TV lets you stream over 85 live TV channels — here’s a full breakdown of networks and add-ons
- Amazon gets futuristic with its new smart home devices, including a flying camera and household robot
- How to Pick the Best Video Streaming Services for Your Budget