The advantages of having a.edu email account are numerous, as you can receive substantial discounts and free offers on a variety of products, reducing your monthly expenses and budget. We have chosen the top ten free perks of an Edu email account for you, which will be quite beneficial in the future.
Your institution may have registered you and issued you with a.edu email address, but you have no idea how to use it to your advantage. Well, you can earn large discounts on purchases made with your email account or obtain free goods with your.edu email account, and we’ll walk you through each step in the post below.
The benefits of having a.edu email account include free Amazon Prime membership, a free copy of Microsoft Office Student Edition, and the ability to send up to 15000 emails every month without charge. There are numerous more advantages to having an Edu email account, including the ability to save money for students who use it and concentrate more on their studies.
Things to consider before setting up an Edu email account. Many people are unaware of the benefits of using an Edu email account, which are critical for frequent use. Education Email (Edu email) has a lot of exposure in the digital market space, and qualifying Edu emailers obtain a lot of discounts and offers in a lot of places. We’ve included a few of them below for GGT users’ convenience.
One Edu email discount will supply “a lot of free premium benefits,” we deliver edu email at a cheap cost you never expected, and if any Edu emails troubles arise, we will replace them within a reasonable time frame.
The Best 17 Advantages Of Edu e-mail Account
Autodesk offers a vast range of free software licenses to students, which are really useful. You must first create an account on their website using your.edu email address, after which you must download the free software and licensing.
Go to www.autodesk.com and click SIGN IN in the top right-hand corner. A drop-down menu will appear, from which you must pick Education Community. Select your Country, Education Role (student), and Date of Birth on the next page, then click CREATE ACCOUNT. Now you must enter your credentials and your.edu email address, which will take you to a sign-up page where you must enter your College/University name, which you can add if it is not already listed. As a result, your registration is complete, and Autodesk will send you a confirmation email, allowing you to download the free program.
Once you’ve completed everything, go to this page to see all of the free applications available for download.
2. G Suite Training Account
Students get a special benefit from Google: they may sign up for a G Suite Education Account, which includes 5 TB of storage. This is one of the nicest features of an Edu email account since it allows you to store photographs, movies, ebooks, and other files without worrying about running out of space. You can use this as long as your university provides you with a.edu email account.
Your institution will provide you webmail access to your email account, which you can use to sign up for G Suite for Education. Your institution may provide you with G Suite for Education access, which allows you to log in to Gmail directly using your Edu email account and access Google Drive, Gmail, and other Google services.
3. Microsoft Workplace
Microsoft provides a large range of free software as well as substantial savings on many products for students and teachers who have an Edu email account. You can easily get free Office 365 for Students.
Go to the Microsoft Office website and fill out the form with your.edu email address before moving on to the next step. Select the student account and enter your information, as well as the verification code that was supplied to your email address, to complete the registration process.
- Microsoft provides “Office 365 A1” at free cost to students emailers, and there are no limits on how they can use it.
- Microsoft offers 1TB of storage.
- If you can spend $2.5 a month instead of the A1 plan, you can upgrade to the “Office 365 A3” plan, which includes all available apps for desktop access (online access only).
- Microsoft never does a SheerID scan, thus anyone with an Edu email discounts ID can take advantage of the discounts.
You get 1 TB of OneDrive storage for free when you sign up for Microsoft Office 365 with your.edu email address. One TB of OneDrive storage can be used to store documents, power point slides, excel sheets, photos, and much more for students who sign up using their university given email address.
For average users, OneDrive provides 10 GB of free storage, which is really limited in today’s world where we save so many things and need to access them on the go and from anywhere. Your daily job will be easier with the 1 TB storage, and you won’t be hampered at work because you can’t access your files. This is a fantastic benefit of having a.edu email address and being able to take use of such a generous OneDrive deal as a student.
You can go to OneDrive and log in with your.edu email account that you used to sign up for Microsoft Office 365, then go to OneDrive, click the Settings (gear) icon in the upper right corner and select Site Settings, then click Storage Metrics under the section of Site Collection Administration, and you’ll see you have 1024 MB of storage.
LastPass is a password manager and browser extension that encrypts all of your information with AES-256 bit encryption, salted hashing, and PBKDF2 SHA-256. It’s difficult to remember passwords, and writing them down on a notepad or sticking them on a sticky note is dangerous, and you might be afraid of storing them in Chrome Password Manager or another browser.
LastPass encrypts all of your website passwords and allows you to access them all using a master password that you create when you sign up and may change at any time from the settings.
You can get a free 6-month premium account from LastPass if you use your.edu email address. You must go to this promo page and input your.edu email address; you will then receive an email from them with instructions on how to redeem your premium LastPass account. Create a new account by clicking the link you received in your email.
LucidChart is a web-based diagramming and flowcharting tool that is completely free for students and teachers with a valid.edu email address.
Go to LucidChart and create a free account, then go to your Account Page and click on the “Get your free educational upgrade” icon on the left bottom. Simply follow the steps to acquire your free premium account.
7. Web hosting
Many web servers offer significant savings on web hosting as well as free domains to students with a valid.edu email address. This is one of the best features of an Edu email account: you can get the best discounts and freebies, which will save you a lot of money on your monthly hosting expenses. The following are the web hosting that offer domain discounts and freebies:
- ZnetLive offers a free domain and hosting service, but data transfer is limited to 500 MB of site space and 5 custom email ids. A free domain and Cpanel are also included, as well as the Softaculous script installation. Visit this page to place a free order using your.edu email address.
- Students can get a discounted rate of $1.99 per month on SiteGround‘s Startup plan, which usually $3.95 per month. This package provides 10 GB of storage space, unmetered traffic, FTP, SSH, and Git, free email accounts, unlimited MySQL DBs, multiple PHP versions, automatic daily backups, and cPanel with Softaculous.
- Anyone with a.edu email address may save up to 60% off their Bluehost unlimited plan, which includes a free domain and privacy protection. Get a FREE domain and site builder, as well as 1-Click WordPress installations and 24/7 support.
- SquareSpace provides students with a 50% discount on their first year of service.
- Inmotion Hosting is offering a 40-50 percent discount on 12 and 24 month Linux web hosting plans.
- Dreamhost also gives a flat 59 percent discount on shared hosting when you buy a 12-month subscription.
When you utilize your.edu email address on Newegg, you can unlock and save big savings and expenses. Students have their own store where they can enjoy unique offers and discounts. When you confirm your account with your.edu email address, you get a one-year premium account. Premium account users receive speedy shipping, special bargains, free returns, accelerated processing, and no stocking fees from Newegg.
9. Amazon Prime
Students may enjoy a free six-month trial of Amazon Prime, which comes with a slew of perks, including two-day assured delivery on most items and no shipping fees. There are special college discounts available, as well as no additional delivery fees (this applies together with the previous free shipping offer). Save up to 90% on textbooks and get a 6-month free subscription of Amazon Prime Video. Create a new account using your.edu email address and confirm it at this link. To complete the process, make sure you have a credit card; you may even use a virtual credit card to take advantage of this offer and not be charged anything.
10. Student Developer Pack on Github with 100+ Exclusive Offers
On Github, you may obtain a Student Developer Pack, which includes a range of discounts and freebies. This is the most significant advantage. You can get up to $1000 worth of free things if you have an Edu email address. Using your to sign up for a Student Developer Pack on Github. It’s incredibly simple to set up an edu email account; simply go to this link and click the “Get your pack” button in the middle. On the following page, you can request a discount and fill out the signup form, after which you must wait 5 days for a response.
We can argue that these things will be the best benefits of an Edu email account once you have the Student Developer Pack on Github. Bitnami Business 3 plan (usually $49/month) gets you up to $110 in additional AWS credits for a total of $75-$150. DataDog Pro Account, which includes 10 servers, is free for a year. Free for the next two years While you are a student, DigitalOcean will give you $50 in platform credit and Github will provide you unlimited private repositories (usually $7/month). One-year SSL certificate (usually $9/year) and one-year .me domain name registration (typically $18.99/year) from Namecheap.
Students can obtain the famous code and hosting services listed below like,
- Aws educate
- Better Code Hub
- Bootstrap Studio
and so on….
11. Premium Subscription to The Washington Post
Even yet, several US media companies, such as the Washington Post, offer students discounts on premium programs. The Washington Post is normally $10 per month, but students may get $5 per month, with the first month costing only $1. – Put the Plan into Action
12. Account from the New York Times
Another great deal for Edu Emailers, Students, and Teachers. The New York Times is offering a premium package for $1 per week instead of $3.5, and $4 for every four weeks instead of $15. – Here is where you can get an offer.
- Countless Articles
- Important Archives are Complete
- Exclusive to subscribers
- No limits – use any device at any time.
13. Student Discounts on Apple iPhones
Students can get large discounts on MacBooks, iMacs, Hardware, and other web-related services from Apple. Each student, for example, can save more than $100 on a MacBook Pro.
- Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4, and MainStage 3 are all available for $199 on iDrive, which is a 50% savings off the normal price.
- For the first six months, Apple Music is free (180 days).
The SheerID Scan is not being performed by the Apple ID team. If you have an Edu email, you can get 6 months of free music. – Apple Education pricing is available.
14. Adobe Creative Cloud
Students and teachers may now save up to 60% on Adobe Creative Cloud subscriptions. Students can pay $20/month for the first 12 months of this offer, after which they will be charged $30.
Users of non-educational email must pay $53 per month.
What services are included in the package?
- Premiere Rush
- Premiere Pro
- Acrobat Pro.
Adobe, for example, does not employ the SheerID scan – Take advantage of this deal.
15. Account on Spotify
Spotify gives a 50% discount to students for up to four years. Students can pay as little as $4.99 per month during this time. Students can access Hulu and Showtime (both apps) through their Spotify account, so there’s no need to pay extra for Hulu or Showtime. – Take advantage of this deal.
16. Get Massive Savings on Cell Phone Plans
Big cell phone in the United States Spirit, Grammarly premium free, Verizon, T Mobile, and AT & T are just a few of the carriers that give significant savings to students with Edu emails.
Students should contact the specific carrier for further information on student benefits.
17. Create a Google Drive account
For students and anyone with an education email, Google is offering limitless storage.
If you don’t have an Edu email, a 30TB package costs $6 per month. The membership is based on Google One, with additional features.
Note: If you use Edu email, you will lose your Google Drive basic plan. Your data will not be lost, but you must download it to a safe location before purchasing the plan with Edu email.
Free Advantages Of Edu e-mail
- Canva is available for free.
- Each month, you can send up to 15,000 emails.
- Microsoft DreamSpark – Get Microsoft DreamSpark for free, which includes a ton of useful applications as well as a Microsoft Office 365 subscription.
- Dropbox – 500MB more storage
- Apple Music costs $10 per month for regular consumers and $4.99 per month for students. With an EDU email, you can try Apple Music for three months for free and then get 50% off. You can still alter your membership type to student if you are an existing client.
- Intel – Software with a free license
- JetBrains – Software with a free license
- Roboform offers a one-year free subscription.
- Vertabelo is open-source software. Data Modeler for Professionals is a program that allows you to model data in a professional manner.
Discounts for Edu-mail Users
- Discounts from cell phone companies (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile).
- Newspaper subscriptions at a discount (The New York Times – $4/month for basic access, The Wall Street Journal – $15 for 15 weeks, The Economist – $12 for 12 weeks).
- FedEx offers a 20% discount on shipping when you show your ID or email.
- MLB TV is offering a 35% discount on a yearly subscription.
- Levi’s offers a 20% discount on online orders with proof of purchase.
- Discounts at businesses such as Lyft, Greyhound, Footlocker, and others are available with the Student Advantage card.
- Spotify subscribers in the United States can get a 50% discount.
- Norton is offering a 40% discount on antivirus software.
- (Only for citizens of the United States)
- Adobe Creative Cloud offers a -60% discount on all of its products.
- Best Buy – Once you join up and validate your.EDU email, Best Buy offers unique prices for college students.
- Evernote offers a 75% discount on their premium plan.
- AWeber offers a 20% discount on their premium plan.
- Connectify is now offering a 75% discount. Others can use the EDU2015 promo code.
- iMazing is offering a 30% discount.
- For one year, Squarespace is offering a 50% discount.
Some businesses refuse to accept. You may see it here: ac mail
|Norton||✓(just for the U.S)|
Last But Not The Least
The complete edu email advantages list is provided for your convenience; however, if you are seeking for the complete (100%) edu email benefits, please see the tabular form below.
|Canva||12 months Pro tier subcription||Design|
|Namecheap.com||1 years .me TLD domain|
1 year SSL Certificate
|Name.com||One year domain and Advance Security SSL Sertificate||Domains|
|AWS Educate||Starter Account worth $100.00||Cloud|
|Educative||6 Months Validity with 60+ courses||Learn|
|Github||Github pro package||Developer|
|Microsoft Azure||25+ microsoft cloud services + $100.00 in Azure credit||Cloud|
|Digital Ocean||$50 Credit||Cloud|
|Bootstrap Studio||Studio Licence||Design concept|
|Frontend Masters||6 Months Validity||Learn|
|.tech Domains||.tech domain 1 year validity + 2 emails + 100 MB storage||Domains|
|GitKraken||GitKraken Kit Pro||Developing Tools|
|PomoDone||Lite Plan for 2 years||Productivity|
|DataCamp||3 months plan||Learn|
|One Month||30 days subsription||Learn|
|Education Host||1 Years Plan + Upgrade pla discount||Cloud|
|Interview Cake||3 weeks Plan||Learn|
|MongoDB||$200 credit + Courses + Certification||Infrastructure & APIs|
|Guthub Campus Experts||Complete Course||Learn|
|iconscout||1 years Subscription + 60 Premiums icons||Design|
|twilio||$50 credit + APIs||Infrastructure & APIs|
|testmail.app||Essential plan||Developing Tools|
|Polypane||1 year subscription||Design|
|Pageclip||Basic Plan subscription||Infrastructure|
|next.tech||1 years Subscription||Developing & Learn|
|Arduino Education||6 months Subscription||Internet of Things & Infrastructure|
|Typeform||1 years Subscription||Design & Marketing|
|Desktop||Annual Subscription||Developing Tools|
|netwise.||1 years Subscription||Cloud & Internet of Things|
|ICONS8||3 Months unlimited Subscription||Design|
|Mailgun||12 months subcription + 20,000 free emails + 100 email validations||Infrastructures|
|Go Rails||12 months subcription – Video Lessons||Learn|
|THINKFUL||1 Month web development||Learn|
|repl>it||3 months Hackers Plan||Developers & Learn|
|Flatiron School||1 month Subscription||Learn|
|IMGBOT||Free Image Optimisation||Infrastructure|
|POPSQL||Premium Plan||Developers Tools|
|DATADOG||Pro Account + 10 Servers + 2 Years Plan||Security & Analytics|
|Kodika.io||Unlimited Pro Plan 6 Months – Build iOS Applications||Design & Mobile|
|Stripe||No transaction fee on $1000 Revenue||Infrastructure & APIs|
|Adafruit||1 year subscription||Internet of Things & Infrastructure APIs|
|Dashlane||6 Months premium plan||Productivity|
|Travis CI||Open Source||Developer Tools & Internet of Things|
|ScrapingHub||1 free scrapy Cloud Unit||Developer Tools|
|Covalence||1 month Subscription||Learn|
|TOWER||Pro Subscription||Developer Tools|
|Gitpod||6 months personal plan subscription||Developer Tools & Learn|
|Sentry||500,000 events/month with unlimited projects||Infrastructure|
|XOJO||Desktop License||Design & Developer Tools|
|Working Copy||Pro Subscription||Developer Tools & Mobile|
|Jaamly||6 Months startup plan||Marketing|
|BrowserStack||Automate 1 year plan||Developing Tools|
|Freshpoint||Growth Plan||Marketing & APIs|
|blackfire.io||Profiler Subscription||Security & Analytics|
|Neve’s||1 year agency wordpress theme||Design & APIs|
|Codecov||Public & Private repositories||Developer Tools|
|CART||2 Years Premium Plan||Infrastructure|
|Customerly||6 months pro plan||Infrastructure & Marketing|
|SQLGATE||1 Years Plan Subscription||Tools|
|Vaadin||Pro Subscription||Infrastructure & APIs|
|Deepscan||6 Months premium plan||Tools|
|Weglot||1 year||Tools & Infrastructure & APIS|
|CodeScene||Private Github repositories||Security & Analytics|
|Simple Analytics||1 year subscription||Infrastructure & Marketing|
|USE together||1 year subscription||ProductiveTools|
|Algolia||1 year subscription||Infrastructure|
|Better Code Hub||Individual License & Access private repos||Developing Tools|
|Daily BOT||6 Months Business||Productivity|
|POEditor||1 year subscription||Developer Tools & Infrastructure|
|Honeybadget.io||1 year subscription||Security & Analytics|
|astra||6 months Subscription||Security & Analytics|
|Pushbots||6 months Subscription||Infrastructure|
|LingoHub||Professional Plan with 10,000 text segments||Infrastructure, Productivity|
|Blockchair||100,000 free requests||Infrastructure|
|EverSQL||6 months Subscription||Tools|
|baremetrics||Free Baremetrics to $2.5K monthly recurring revenue||Marketing|
|LambdaTEST||1 year Live Plan||Test|
|Sqlsmash||Standard Plan||Developing Tools|
|Wisej||Premium plus plan||Infrastructure|
|AccessLint||Access public and Private repos||Repos|
|appfigures||1 year premium plan||marketing|
|logDNA||50GB/monthly 1 year plan||Security & Analytics|
|Sofy||6 Months premium plan||Tools & Mobile|
|Transloadit||10 GB Startup Plan||Infrastructure & Tools|
|Phrase||12 months premium plan||Infrastructure & Tools|
|Coveralls||Unlimited private repos access||Tools|
|Yakindu||12 months premium||Learn|
|Storyscript||12 months business||Infrastructure|
|Crowdin||12 months premium||Tools, Infrastructure , Productivity|
|Transifex||6 Months premium||Infrastructure & Tools|
These are simply a few of the particular reductions available to anybody with school e-mail tackle. Nonetheless, there are many different reductions, together with journey, live performance and different tickets, online shops, and plenty of other issues. I’ll maintain updating the advantages listing as quickly as I discover some. College students, academics, and school employees can take pleasure in these advantages, however what about different individuals? There are methods to get a.EDU or .ac e-mail tackle even if you aren’t affiliated with a college; used otherwise, you don’t have your school Gmail id. I’ll discuss this in another publish.
You may also like
- We set up a new home office for permanent remote work — here are the 8 purchases that helped me create my ideal workspace
- Google’s Pixel 5a 5G is the perfect phone for anyone looking to spend under $500
- 7 reasons why ‘Hades’ is my favorite game included with Xbox Game Pass right now
- Types of Dishwashers: Which Style is Right for You?
- Best Home Décor Tips for Lighting
- 10 Ways to Boost Your Wi-Fi Signal