If you’re a recent graduate looking for work or an experienced professional trying to change careers, LinkedIn can be a valuable resource. LinkedIn is used by a number of companies to recruit new employees.
With this emblem, you may show recruiters that you’re actively looking for work.
What Is the Job Seeker Badge on LinkedIn?
LinkedIn draws millions of professionals as the most popular social site for professional networking. To land your desired career, you may quickly connect with recruiters here.
By enabling this badge, you will receive a #OpenToWork badge on your LinkedIn profile photo. As a result, hiring managers will be able to see that you’re actively looking for work.
You’ll learn how to enable/disable this function, as well as how to add or remove the badge from your profile, in the sections below.
How to Enable the LinkedIn #OpenToWork Badge
Follow these steps to add the #OpenToWork badge to your LinkedIn profile:
- Open your LinkedIn feed and go to the top panel to the Me symbol (your little portrait).
- Select the View Profile option. After you’ve opened your profile page. To receive numerous alternatives from the drop-down menu, click the Open to button.
- Choose the option to look for a new employment.
- A pop-up window will open, prompting you to fill in job preferences such Job Title, Job Location, Job Type, and Joining Date.
- Select All LinkedIn users from the Choose who sees you’re open menu to add the #OpenToWork badge to your profile image. Keep in mind that enabling this feature will alert recruiters and staff at your current workplace that you are actively looking for work.
- To save your changes, click Add to profile.
Even if you’re using an Android or iOS smartphone to browse LinkedIn, the same methods should suffice.
How to Turn Off the LinkedIn Job Search Button
You can also remove the badge if you acquire the job or don’t want to continue your job hunt by following these steps:
- In the LinkedIn feed, click the Me icon and then View Profile.
- Under the Open to button on your profile, there will be a box containing Open to work options.
- The preferences box will open when you select Edit (pen icon).
- To remove the badge from your profile, select Delete from profile.
- To save your most recent changes, click Save. The job seeker badge will be successfully removed from your profile.
If you like, you can enable the feature at any point in the future. However, deleting LinkedIn will not store your job-search settings, so you’ll have to add them all over again.
Hide Job Application Efforts
You may not want your current coworkers or employer to know that you’re looking for a new job. In that case, you can hide your #OpenToWork badge from recruiters and current workers.
LinkedIn does not, however, guarantee perfect privacy. Select Recruiters exclusively for the Choose who sees you’re open option when enabling the badge feature for your LinkedIn. Only recruiters, not hiring executives from your present employer, will see your badge.
It will also ensure that your profile photo does not have a #OpenToWork photo frame.
LinkedIn Can Help You Find Your Dream Job
The #OpenToWork badge on LinkedIn is a simple way to let recruiters know you’re seeking for work. You can add and delete this badge feature now that you know how to enable or disable it.
You may also utilize LinkedIn InMail to garner attention from hiring managers in addition to this job seeking badge.