Rugs made of jute. What exactly are they? Why are they so well-liked? Jute carpets are all the rage in the interior design world, but are they really worth the money? We have a small selection of Jute Rugs available at RugKnots. Continue reading to learn more about jute rugs and the truth about these popular rugs.
Buyer’s Guide to Jute Rugs
A jute rug is a carpet constructed from coarse strands of jute fiber that has been handwoven. Jute carpets are a market trend that has resurfaced. Jute carpets are abundant in the Western world, where they have been fashionable in recent years; however, are they worth the hype?
What Exactly Is Jute?
Jute is a plant native to Asia that is woven into rugs. The fabric is constructed of jute grass, which is a natural vegetable fiber. This plant is most usually found in the Asian subcontinent, and it produces a strong fabric that has recently gained popularity in rugs. Jute is a central woody component of the plant stalk that is also known as Golden fiber. As a result, they are made up of cellulose and lignin. After the plant stem is cut down, a fascinating process begins to turn it into a fiber. After harvesting, the stems are placed in slow-moving running water for a few weeks. This procedure softens the stickiness and makes’stripping’ of Jute fibers easier. After that, the split fibers are treated further to make Jute yarn. A Jute rug is one that is woven with this jute yarn. So you know what a jute rug is, right?
What Is the Feel of Jute Area Rugs?
Because jute is a natural material, it is important to examine its texture before purchasing. So, how does it feel to walk on a jute rug? You shouldn’t expect it to feel shaggy at all. Still, it doesn’t make sense in the same way that many other natural rugs, such as sisal and seagrass, do. If we extrapolate from everyday life, it feels nice for your feet, almost like a soothing massage, but you won’t want to sleep on it. Simple! Luckily! A jute rug can be made to have additional softness. How? RugKnots’ most popular Jute flooring is made out of a blend of 20% cotton and 80% jute. As a result, you may now relax while also being environmentally conscious.
What Can A Jute Rug Provide?
For a naturalist, this is the most significant benefit of jute rugs. It is a natural fiber that is biodegradable and used to convey crops. It begins to disintegrate and break down when it comes into contact with water or other elements. As a result, it decomposes in the soil, leaving no waste behind. Its crop also doesn’t require pesticides or fertilizers. It indicates that having a jute rug protects our environment from pollutants in general. Despite being a natural fabric, it is quite soft. It’s safe to let your children and pets play on it because it won’t irritate their sensitive skin. Jute, unlike other natural fibers such as sisal, does not scratch hardwood floors. It asks for very little upkeep. It hides dirt on its surface thanks to its earthy texture. To clean your jute carpet, all you have to do is shake it or vacuum it. Remove the beater bar suction for vacuuming, or use a brush attachment to get the job done. Debris or other filth can be removed by vacuuming it many times from different directions. However, frequent vacuuming or cleaning is supposed to extend the life of a JUTE floor. Because it’s a natural fiber carpet, it can go with practically any motif. Its neutral tone pairs well with a wide range of patterns, themes, and dcor.
10 Benefits of Purchasing A Jute Rug:
- Jute rugs are inexpensive, long-lasting, and simple to maintain. Jute carpet is the perfect choice for you if you want contemporary and budget-friendly flooring in your home.
- Your kids will be able to play on it without being wounded. It will also retain its color even if they spill anything on it, from food to drinks.
- Jute rugs are simple to clean; just vacuum them every now and then and wipe them clean with a sponge.
- Because jute rugs do not collect water like other carpets, they are waterproof and easy to clean at home. When doing the laundry, you can use soap or detergent and warm water.
- Because jute carpets are comprised of natural fibers, they are ideal for those who are allergic to wool.
- Because jute is a 100 percent renewable resource, it is extremely resilient and long-lasting. You can use it for years without worrying about your children or dogs ruining it because of its durability.
- Jute carpets are available in a variety of colors and patterns to suit your preferences. Because of its lovely colors and patterns, a jute rug will help your room look classy, chic, and elegant. This style of rug will give your property a more welcome appearance to visitors.
- Jute rugs are available in a variety of sizes, allowing you to match them to your living room furnishings.
- Because jute rugs are water-resistant, they prevent filth and dust from accumulating within your home. When opposed to synthetic carpeting materials, dirt does not attach as easily to jute.
- Jute carpets are environmentally friendly. It’s a natural, eco-friendly substance that’s ideal for a healthy lifestyle.
Jute Rugs’ Drawbacks
It is a good absorbent because it comes from a plant. It means that not only does the jute rug get wet easily, but it also stains and molds. It can even exacerbate the form in some circumstances. As a result, you’ll need to keep it away from moisture and water. It means that jute should not be used as a bathroom mat or placed near a water faucet. You won’t be able to steam clean it if you go any further. They, too, require protection from direct sunshine, as jute, especially if dyed, can fade its color when exposed to the sun. When compared to other natural fibers, it breaks down more quickly. A jute rug is not a suitable choice for high-traffic areas because it is less resilient.
10 Drawbacks of Purchasing A Jute Rug:
- Because jute is a natural fiber, it is typically lighter in weight than carpets made of wool or cotton. As a result, it is less durable in high-traffic locations and humid regions. If you’re searching for a long-term investment, it might not be the ideal choice.
- Scrubbing jute rugs is not recommended. Regular washing might shorten the life of your rug because it is more prone to fraying and tearing.
- Jute rugs are prone to fading when exposed to sunshine or even chemical cleaners, and they are not durable enough for high-traffic areas. They also have little sound dampening effect.
- Because jute is a harsh and prickly material to sit on, you need use a pad underneath your rug to get the benefit of soft padding.
- It is possible to use a jute rug as a doormat, although it is not suggested for high-traffic areas.
- Jute rugs are more expensive than other options like rush and grass, so if you’re looking for the most cost-effective option with the least amount of upkeep, go elsewhere.
- If not properly managed, jute rugs can become a health danger. It’s simple for them to become plagued with bugs, and it’s even more difficult to remedy the harm they cause.
- Because of their medium pile, jute rugs are ideal for locations with limited traffic, such as foyers or hallways. They can even be utilized in bathrooms and kitchens if you don’t mind putting in a little extra effort. However, it is suggested that it be used in places that are just used for adornment.
- Jute is a versatile material that can be used for both floors and rugs, allowing you to select a larger jute rug if you do decide to get one. You may also use it to join together smaller rugs to make a larger area rug. However, because they are so thin, you shouldn’t utilize them in high-traffic areas of your home.
- Jute carpets absorb chemicals like fragrances and cleaning products, which is why they need to be washed more frequently than other types of rugs. The good news is that they’re easy to clean: all you need is warm water, light detergent, and a sponge. Allow them to air dry because putting them in the dryer can cause them to shrink.
Are Jute Rugs Made by Hand?
Jute yarn is normally made by hand using an all-natural procedure. However, not all jute fibers are handcrafted. Now that jute has gained popularity, there is a greater desire to make it faster and less expensive. This implies that Jute is also manufactured by machine. RugKnots, on the other hand, has just gotten you there if you admire the uniqueness of hand-knotted products. Each floor covering is a representation of a craftsman’s talent and skill. Though jute yarn is long-lasting, it isn’t always attractive. That is why we combine Jute and cotton in our rugs. Cotton makes them more durable and prevents them from breaking down or wearing out.
Here Are Five Beautiful Jute Rugs That Will Certainly Add to the Look of Your Home:
1. Jute Area Rug in Tan
Are you looking for something fluffy and inviting? You’ll be able to add warmth and a grin to your room with our Tan Jute Area Rug. Remove dirt off your white shoes with this durable rug that provides comfort while standing up to repeated use. It’s ideal for any family seeking for a warm design with a neutral aesthetic. Bring new life to an existing area or use it as a color-blocking element in one of those drab gray spaces. This one is reasonably priced and may even be on sale! So, take a look around our website and get purchasing!
2. Jute Area Rug in Brown
This is an excellent alternative for individuals who require nothing more than simple beauty. The durable brown-hued Jute Area Rug will add a sense of warmth and welcome to any room in your home or office. It’s also affordable for individuals on a tight budget who still want that perfect rug. The brownish hue of the area rug gives color to the room and blends well with a variety of designs and tones. Allow Brown Jute Rug to be a part of your space today for a sense of warmth and coziness.
3. Geometric Area Rug in Tan
With our Tan Geometric Area Rug, there’s no better time than now to bring something new into your home! This one-of-a-kind quality piece has a modern shape that will look great with any home decor style you pick while still making it your own. This rug’s color scheme can brighten any space while also complementing more subdued themes, allowing you to create a really unique decor. No matter where you put it, this rug is a beautiful complement to everyday use!
4. Geometric Area Rug in Grey
Do you want to add some color to your home with a new rug? Our Grey Geometric Area Rug is the ideal accent piece for any room and will never go out of style! This Chenille rug is velvety and squeak-free, which means it won’t become too heated under your feet! It’s also machine washable, which means you can clean it without having to buy a new one if it gets dirty from shedding dogs or spilled liquids. Place your order right now!
5. Geometric Area Rug in Blue
With the right rug, you can transform your area. This eye-catching geometric pattern is ideal for infusing a sense of freshness into any space while also adding texture and visual appeal. This modern essential may be utilized anywhere from the house to the office, thanks to its easy-care chenille structure and neutral color palette. A family dining area requires comfortable sitting, and this rug’s ability to withstand shedding and spills will allow you to decorate without worry! It’s a good idea to have a clean airflow nearby, such as from air purifiers or candles!
Jute Rugs: Frequently Asked Questions
1. Should I Purchase A Jute Rug?
Of course, you should do it without hesitation. Jute carpets are the most flexible and gorgeous rugs available, yet they don’t have to break the bank. They not only have numerous advantages, but they also look stunning in any setting!
2. How Long Do Jute Rugs Last?
Because jute carpets are made from a plant, they are excellent adsorbents. As a result, they become readily wet, destroying not only the texture but also the contour of the rug. They’re also not particularly durable, so they’re not a good choice for high-traffic locations!
3. Is It Necessary To Use A Pad With A Jute Rug?
Yes, Jute rugs are lightweight natural fiber rugs that require a rug pad to keep them from slipping and shifting. Rug pads are required for all carpets, not just jute rugs. They act as a protective layer on a rug, protecting both your flooring and your feet!
4. Is It Possible To Use A Jute Rug Outside?
Yes, you can, but it isn’t necessarily the greatest option. A jute rug can give warmth and texture to your outdoor space, but it is not weather resistant. They are unable to withstand the humid climate in particular.
5. Where Should I Put A Jute Rug?
The living room, dining room, bedrooms, and hallways can all benefit from a Jute Rug. It gives any area that needs it a warm texture. They’re also fantastic at absorbing sound. However, bear in mind that they are not designed for high-traffic areas, so only use them in low-traffic areas to extend their life!
6. Can You Wash A Jute Rug?
Yes, jute rugs can be washed, and all you have to do is remove the rug from its current location. Then, on a flat surface, spot clean any persistent spots slowly. You can also wash with a light detergent.
7. Is Dry Cleaning Jute Rugs Recommended?
Jute carpets should not be dry cleaned since the fibers can become brittle. The constant exposure to chemicals in laundering will also cause the colors to fade or change, as well as degrade the rug’s structure.
8. Can I Clean Jute Rugs With A Carpet Shampooer?
The machine Washable Rug should not be used with a carpet shampooer since the jute fibers cannot sustain that type of pressure and will be damaged and frayed. However, you can spot clean them using jute-specific cleaning agents.
9. Can Jute Rugs Be Used Outside In The Sun?
It is not advisable to leave a jute rug in direct sunlight since it will discolor and become brittle over time. As a result, always hang your jute carpets to dry in the shade. If you wish to use a jute rug outside, make sure to place it in a shaded area to avoid staining.
10. What Should I Do With My Jute Rugs When They Aren’t In Use?
It is strongly advised that you keep your jute rug in a cool, clean, and dry location for at least six months after purchasing it. These carpets, like any other natural fiber rug, thrive in humid environments, and keeping them dry will ensure that their elegance and color last for years.
11. How Do You Clean An Extremely Dirty Jute Rug?
Whenever possible, spot clean stains on your rug rather than soaking the entire item. This type of cleaning can be done with a sponge and some light detergent. If the stain has been present for a long time, you can clear it using bleach, but only after you’ve exhausted all other options.
12. What Can I Do To Keep My Pet’s Nails From Ruining My Jute Rug?
Keeping your pet’s nails cut is the greatest approach to avoid problems like this. You might also use a strong rubber nail guard to prevent this from happening. Also, if you have a cat, we should avoid putting any rugs in the house because they become quite playful and may harm the lovely piece of art you purchased as a centerpiece.
13. Where Can I Get Free Shipping on Good-Quality Jute Rugs Online?
West elm, Amazon, eBay, Rugsusa, Wayfair, and RugKnots are some of the online retailers that sell jute rugs and other home decor accessories. RugKnots offers a wide range of attractive and appealing Area Rugs created from the highest quality materials. RugKnots also has a 30-day return policy in place for clients who are unhappy with the product or have any concerns with it. So, if you’re looking for a rug with exceptional quality and distinctive styles and designs, visit our store and start buying!
Choose your preferred jute rug and place your order with us! RugKnots is a popular online rug retailer that offers high-quality carpets in a variety of sizes and patterns at a reasonable price. Let us know what you’re looking for, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible with a great rug. We ensure that you will be delighted after placing an order with us, so please contact us. Please contact us at [email protected] or (301) 660-7046. We will be delighted to assist you!
You may also like
- DJI Air 2S has a camera that shoots 5K videos — an affordable drone ideal for filmmakers
- The Logitech C920s HD Pro is the best webcam for almost anyone who wants simplicity, good quality, and affordability
- This is the best video doorbell you can buy that doesn’t require a subscription
- The Wyze Cam V3 is the best budget home security camera we’ve tested, and it costs just $20
- 5 Best Budget DSLR Cameras Under 300$ – Experts Pick